Abstracts will be scored by experts based on the following criteria:
- Does the abstract address an important and novel question?
- Does the study design permit the question to be answered?
- Are the endpoints of the study clearly defined?
- Is there an appropriate use of statistics?
- Are the methods described in sufficient detail?
- Are the conclusions supported by the data?
Specific questions for prospective solutions:
- What statistical model and assumptions were used?
- What was the sustainability assessment?
- What were the limitations?
- Was there a rationale underlying the study design?
- Is the solution promising enough?
Specific questions for retrospective observational studies:
- What is the data source and how was the solution attained?
- Is the cohort well described and reasonably homogeneous?
- Have attempts been made to account for biases inherent in retrospective reviews?
- What statistical methods were used?
- Are the conclusions appropriate to the study design?